Tuesday 25 June 2013

Ricoh GR, brief first thoughts and some images ...


Received my new Ricoh GR on 18 June and am still learning the best settings for street photography. (The two pictures below inside the shopping mall were taken at F4.5, ISO 100, with a shutter speed of 125. 125 is a bit on the slow side for my liking for interior shots, and as a result the pictures not as sharp as I’d like them to be. The exterior shot (car) was taken at F.4.5, ISO 160 at 160.)

I’m experimenting with the settings for best results with future images, and have now set auto-high with maximum of 1600 ISO. (I’ll start with F2.8 and decrease aperture as necessary to maintain adequate shutter speed.) Incidentally, I’ve set the snap focus to 2.5 metres, but so far have found the autofocus to be fast enough not to require use of full-snap mode.

Aperture priority, colour Vivid, converted to B&W in Aperture for monochrome pictures.

(More thoughts and images from my next photo walk, which I plan later this week.)

Style guys

Window shopping ...

Car park, Cameron Toll Shopping Centre


No comments:

Post a Comment